Keto stuffed peppers are absolutely perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And no matter what time of day, they will go down a tasty, savory treat. Not to mention that they are ultra-simple to bake, making them faultless for any level of cooking expertise. They are also time and budget friendly, so what are you waiting for?
To get started, procure some grass-fed ground beef (you can substitute any protein source – chicken, turkey, bison or pork) and brown them in a frying pan with garlic and onions. Use your imagination and the stock of dried herbs in your pantry as you wish, cater to your family’s spice palate. While you are picking out the peppers, try and find similar sized ones in different colors – red, yellow, green and orange – not only will your keto stuffed peppers bake more evenly in the oven, your dinner will be more colorful too!
It’s one thing to eat stuffed peppers on their own, on your own, however if your favorite keto-minded friends are coming over, you will want to serve up a salad that matches the peppers in simple exquisiteness. With a tomato salad you cannot go wrong, even the colors compliment each other. But you could also opt for a homestyle cucumber and carrot salad to lighten up the meal – be sure to squeeze an extra bit of lemon for added effect.
Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Protein: 52g / %
Carbs: 17g / %
Fat: 39g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- 2 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, season to taste, and cook another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the ground beef mixture and place in baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and parmesan.