This quick quiche is the perfect breakfast (or lunch, or dinner…) just for two – it’s so easy to throw together, it only gets a few dishes dirty, and it makes just as much as you want. A traditional quiche also includes milk and cheese to make the baked eggs creamier and even more delicious – the directions here call for almond cheese to make a dairy-free version. If you tolerate dairy, you could also use regular cheese, or just skip the cheese altogether and just go with the eggs and vegetables.
For all the amateur gardeners who grow their own herbs, recipes like this are a great way to really appreciate the difference between home-grown and store-bought basil. And if you have some fresh garden tomatoes to go with it, so much the better!
This recipe is perfectly-sized to make just enough for two less-hungry people (or one hungry person) for breakfast, but you could also increase the amounts to make breakfast for a crowd, or to make a week’s worth of grab-and-go breakfasts just for you. If you’ve never tried making baked eggs as a make-ahead breakfast, give it a spin, and if you have, this is a tasty variation to add to your collection.
Cherry Tomato And Basil Quiche Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 4 eggs;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 bunch fresh basil, minced;
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved;
- ¼ cup almond cheese; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, almond cheese, fresh basil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the liquid in a small baking dish.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, cut side up, in the egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 min.
- Serve with extra basil.