If you are one of those people who could eat salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner then this salad is for you. And if you eat salads just occasionally, well, then it is for you too. And if you love strawberries and chicken? Go for it. It is such an easy, go-to recipe that you will soon know it by heart.
Strawberries are what make this salad festively-summery. They are one of those foods, when in season, that shout “Buy me. Buy Me!” at the farmers market, and the organic ones should be voicing their opinion the loudest. Strawberries are extremely rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, manganese, folate (B9) and potassium and at one point they were believed to be an aphrodisiac. Another interesting fact, in certain cases strawberries can help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing digestion. And the goodness just keeps going, you can also eat the leaves raw or cooked, you can even make an infusion from the leaves for an extra boost of iron and calcium in your diet.
If you happen to purchase too many strawberries and need to use them up quickly in other ways, why not add them to your luxurious morning Paleo smoothie? Or chop them up in a strawberry and raspberry salsa that combines perfectly with any chicken, pork or salmon. We have also found that strawberries are a surprisingly superb match with – asparagus. Who would have thought about that?
Grilled Chicken with Strawberry and Avocado Salad Recipe
Protein: 55g / %
Carbs: 15g / %
Fat: 26g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 skinless, de-boned chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- Olive oil, for dressing
- Lemon juice, for dressing
- Pour the oil and lemon juice over the chicken breasts and coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the chicken in a hot griddle pan until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the salad place a generous amount of lettuce on a serving plate, then top with the sliced avocado, chicken strips and strawberries.
- Dress with olive oil and a generous squeeze of lemon juice, then lightly season with salt.