In life, we get to make essential choices every day – about what we wear, where we work, and best of all, what we get to eat for dinner, and sometimes dessert. We believe that a citrus pomegranate fruit salad counts as a sweet treat too, and it is incredibly refreshing when served moments after this Mexican-style skillet. When your evening is running low on time, count this recipe in as a one-pot wonder and in about half an hour, an appetizing dinner will magically appear on plates around the table.
This tasty zucchini and beef Mexican-style skillet is not only kid-friendly, it is low carb too, minus the fruit salad of course. While it calls for ground beef as the main ingredient, it is worth mentioning that you can use chicken, turkey or pork, whatever you have on hand or in your freezer. One thing that is missing however, is the salsa. If you have a fondness for salsa, you know exactly what we mean. In that case, you may already have some on hand, so go ahead and use a spoonful of that to dress your dish, if not, make some time to craft your own fire-roasted salsa, your skillet will thank you!
To add a south-of-the-border element of lime to the meal, we encourage you to make a pitcher of revitalizing mint and citrus water, which brings the perfect level of acidity to the palate.
Zucchini And Beef Mexican-Style Skillet Recipe
Protein: 48g / %
Carbs: 11g / %
Fat: 33g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the garlic and onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, spices, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.